Sunday, October 7, 2007

Did I hear what I heard?

OK-it is always nice to listen/watch conference. Once again, I feel rejuvinated and challenged to be better. Sometimes I remember specific talks from conference, and, more often, I "hear"-actually I "feel" these topics more than hear-a topic or two through the conference weekend. What did you hear this weekend? Were there any topics that touched your heart, that spoke to your spirit? Stop reading this for a moment and reflect on what you heard/felt. I believe this gives us a sense on what we need to pay more attention to as we go through our daily struggles. So, what is it you felt/heard?
I'll share mine. The topics that touched me had to do with prayer and personal revelation. These are a couple of areas that I know I need to be more aware of in my life, and it seems that there were several addresses touching on these. I can tell you, I think, who gave some of the talks, but I am eager to download the talks in the next couple of days to revist them. In the meantime, I will try to be more aware of my prayers and try to have a heart open to what Father wants me to do and to have the courage to get out of my comfort zone and do it.
And Abby--if you read this --"Sit down, John!"

7 comments:

Tanner's Tales said...

I too heard a lot about personal revelation. One talk in particular, I don't remember who, advised writing down something every day that happened and you will start to see the Lord's hand in all that we do and have. I think doing that will just make you more able to be open to revelations because you are in that state of mind and you are looking for the Lord's hand in your life.

Rick Edge said...

I remember to always have at least one redhead in each group to keep the others on pace.

Letty said...

Hum mm I seem to remember ALL of the talks geared to "mothering" (yes, there were a lot of them, or so it seemed)... About being a mother who "KNOWS"! So, along with my re-newed goal of personal scripture study daily, I'm re-committing to doing scripture reading with the kids too...There are so many things to list! I did like Bro. Eyring's suggestion to write something down everyday. Therefore, my other new resolution is to keep up on my kids, journal and my own "spiritual" journal rather than relying on my blog to journal my life. Thanks for the post OW I love hearing your insights and wisdom.

Nedge said...

NEVER! Never!
(Lewis Morris) "Mr. President, have you ever been present at a meeting of the New York legislature?"
[Hancock shakes his head "No"]
"They speak very fast and very loud, and nobody listens to anybody else, with the result that nothing ever gets done."

Nedge said...

I enjoyed General Conference, from what I could hear.

The part that touched me the most (that I remember) is Elder Wirthlin's talk. I was listening to it at the time, but I could tell that giving these talks isn't the easiest thing for him to do, but he does it, because he loves us, and wishes to share his testimony and counsel.
It makes me feel selfish that I'm whining about how tired I am...I have a healthy youthful body! I need to be quiet. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been writing in my Journal while Bryan gives Micah a bath. Following Eyring's suggestion has made me realize which activities allow spiritual activies, and which ones don't. V.T. (doing it and having other's do it do you) always brings the spirit in full force while a day of errand running leaves me searching for a long time for that spirit.
I also want to be a mother who KNOWS!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa so rarely blogs that I stopped checking except for right now. I am getting darn old and only remember 1 talk given on Sat morning while I was cutting and trimming up limbs on the apricot tree. It was about every calling being important and every person being loved and important to the Lord. GAs and primary teachers alike