Sunday, May 17, 2015

Move along-nothing to see here...

So-it has been awhile since I visited this page with the intent to leave words on the page.  I have thought about it much for the past couple of months, but haven't been hit by inspiration, indigestion or sufficient indignation to actually write something.  I have been enjoying the bits of all of your lives that we get to see as we talk, visit, interact with kids and grandkids.  What a charmed life.
But-no stories have come to mind worth putting on paper-well, not on paper, to be accurate.

The promised tail of Fritz hasn't boiled enough to be palatable--wait--I meant to say "the promised tale for Fritz...".  The boiled tail of Fritz, these many years gone to doggy heaven, would not be palatable at all...

Quick-think of a German dog.  Got it?
Which dog did you come up with?

Did you think "Dachshund"?

Really?

Not German Shepard or Rottweiler or Doberman Pinscher or Saarloos Wolfdog?

I want to know how the Dachshund made it into the same list as the above fearsome-types of hounds.

From the all-knowing Wiki-
The dachshund (UK /ˈdæksənd/ or US /ˈdɑːkshʊnt/ dahks-huunt or US /ˈdɑːksənt/;[2]) is a short-legged, long-bodied dog breed belonging to the hound family. The standard size dachshund was bred to scentchase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals, while the miniature dachshund was developed to hunt smaller prey such as rabbits. In the American West they have also been used to hunt prairie dogs. Today, they are bred for conformation shows and as family pets. Some dachshunds participate in earthdog trials. According to the AKC, the dachshund continues to remain one of the top 10 dog breeds in the United States of America.[3]

So there you go.  Someone needed to flush out badgers and chase rabbits down their holes and get after those stinkin' prairie dogs.  Hence, the noble Dachshund.

Well,  as said, I don't have all the source material to adequately tell the tale of the tail tonight (meaning I haven't talked enough with Grandma-or she is getting too old to remember enough-to get all the juicy tail, I mean "tale", bits).  So, we won't fritz with Fritz this evening.

Also, as I looked at previous blog entries (blentries?), I sensed there were too many recent ones that had gone to the dogs.  So I probably need to get off that scent.  Doggone it.

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned the blogoshphere again-not that that would be earth shaking. ( Don't you just love it when you can use the same word twice in a row and have it be grammatically correct?!)

I do intend to get back to some tales from the past, and I hope they have some meaning, or at least some chuckles or maybe even an "aha".  Alas, I don't dare to aspire to a "And Then What Happened?", but you never know.  Until next time.

No comments: