Friday, March 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

OK, so we get to invite about 10,000 honey bees (carniolans)-or however many there are in 3 pounds of bees-to our yard next week. In preparation, I put together the bee-gining bee hive. Can you bee-lieve it? I painted it a nice white, the the worker bees took over. The bottom box seems to be a floral theme. The top is a bit sunny, and the middle has depictions of bees in action. I like the Tolkien scene...
I have heard of army ants, but..... Perhaps these will all be in the Air Force.
The middle here has a bit of construction going on. It is quite amusing.
Here we have bees on the set. "Luke, I am your father."
And this one--bees on a journey. Didn't know there were Hobeets. Can you find the Golbeeum (Smbeegal)?

Well-there were actually a few more pics, but I will wait 'till the ladies arrive Friday. Can't wait! Sweet!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tanner's Tales said...

You just can't hold back all the puns, can you? Willie is excited for bees!

Letty said...

How cool! I can see that Natalie had a hand in the decorating process!